30 Oct Applications Open for Brooklyn Tech Triangle Internship Program
Are you a tech or media company in the Brooklyn Tech Triangle looking for free interns? Look no further than the Brooklyn Tech Triangle Internship Program (BTTIP), which is now accepting business applications for the Spring 2015 cycle of the program.
BTTIP connects Brooklyn’s growing tech and media sectors to talented web developers and programmers, media specialists, designers, and engineering technologists from the New York City College of Technology (City Tech).
“In addition to having interest in supporting local talent and students, BTTIP was incentivized in a way that made it almost impossible for a small business to turn it down,” said Edward Wisniewski, Interactive Director for Radish Lab. “We had the opportunity to take on an intern at no hourly cost, something incredibly valuable for a start-up.”
Since the program’s launch in June 2013, City Tech students have completed more than 100 internships with technology and media firms located here – many of whom go on to gain full-time employment.
“Our intern John brought design skills to POV’s Development Department – specifically InDesign and Photoshop,” said Mary T. An, Development Manager for American Documentary’s POV. “I really didn’t look forward to the BTTIP internship ending, so we hired John on for the fall as an hourly employee to work with us a few days a week around his class schedule.”
Interested in finding out more? Below are all the details:
- The Spring BTTIP Program takes place from February through May of 2015. On Friday, December 5th, businesses accepted into the program will be required to attend a Speed Interview event to select their top intern candidates for the Spring program.
- Interns are skilled City Tech college students and will be pre-screened to meet business needs.
- Interns are provided at NO COST to your business (they are compensated $15/hour by the program).
- For more information about this program, check out the BTTIP home page. To apply for the Spring 2015 program cycle, click on the “Business Application” button at the bottom of the page.
- To apply to the Spring 2015 program directly, click here and complete the online application to provide the program with information about your business and the type of interns you are seeking.